This week’s Makeover Monday is a special collaboration with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) Action Campaign. It’s also notable that the original viz this week is built with Google Data Studio (which I believe is a first).
What works well?
- Dropdown filters allow for interactivity.
- Stacked bar charts show distribution of responses.
What could be improved?
- The order of the segments in the stacked bars is not intuitive. It would make more sense to sort them in order of duration (Don’t know, 1 month, 6 months, Forever).
- Since there are a different number of responses for each action, it would be more comparable to use a 100% stacked bar.
- The treemaps are a disaster; absolutely unreadable.
What Marc did:
- Used 100% stacked bar charts in a small multiple layout to enable fair comparison across all actions.
- Applied colours, fonts, and icons from the UN SDG branding guidelines.