For week 13, we look at the the spending of different generations.
What works well?
- Percentages are labelled clearly which makes comparisons easier.
- Grid lines are simple.
- Using a 100% stacked bar makes it easy to see part to whole relationships for each generation.
What could be improved?
- There there is no indication of what the y-axis measures.
- Some more context could be provided such as when the data was collected or what country the consumers are from.
- Difficult to compare spending for categories across generations.
What Ryan did:
- Converted the stacked bar into bar charts
- Coloured each generation group
What Marc did:
- Created small multiple bar charts by category.
- Colour-coded each generation.
- Created desktop and mobile views on separate pages in Data Studio. Click the link to switch between versions.