This week’s Makeover Monday features Info We Trust by R.J. Andrews and a word cloud of the most frequently used words in the book.
What works well?
- The word “data” stands out due to its size, colour, and orientation. It is clearly the most common word.
What could be improved?
- Beyond “data”, it’s very difficult to perceive which words are 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc. Almost any other chart type would be better.
- Colour is used arbitrarily, without any meaning.
What Marc did:
- Charted the top 10 words by frequency, broken down by page, chapter, and section.
- Used a bubble plot; larger circles indicate a higher frequency of the word on the given page.