This week’s chart comes from a New York Times article on Stephen Curry’s love for popcorn. He ranks each NBA stadium’s popcorn based on five categories.
What works well?
- Stadium’s are sorted from highest to lowest total score
- Colour palette makes it easy to see the different ranks in the heatmap
What can be improved?
- The scale used for the rankings is not stated on the chart (it is stated in the article that a 1 to 5 scale was used)
What Ryan did:
- Remade the original chart using a dot plot
- Colored the columns by category